March 13, 2008

Oak Drop Ceiling in Family Room



The family room is now finished. It's so nice to have a room with soft carpet. Wood floors are pretty and clean BUT they are hard on old dad's knees while wrestling!This room was a real challenge.

Due to massive beams I had to install to support the concrete bathroom floor above AND wanting to be able to access the plumbing, I needed to install a "drop" ceiling. I came up with this. Can you tell it's a drop ceiling? I have to take off to pick up plywood for this weekend's project, but I promise to post all the gory details about this ceiling/family room project next week. I have lots of pics of it as well.

3 comments:

Our Little Bungalow said...

It looks nice. I would not have know it was a drop ceiling!

Jennifer said...

Very nice! I thought it might be original at first! Good work.

Joe J. Ernst said...

Very nice indeed! My first thought would have been "How dare you put recessed lights in that original oak ceiling!" But they look very nice in that new ceiling. I'm thinking of doing something similar in my sunroom.